Aberdeenshire, Moray, Kirkwall, Lerwick
Area Coordinator / Volunteer Coordinator / Local Coordinator
CLAN Cancer Support offers clients a range of practical and emotional support at our Support & Wellbeing Centres across the North East, Orkney and Shetland.
CLAN Support Volunteers are a key point of contact for clients accessing CLAN services ensuring that the needs of our clients are met through our range of support services. Support Volunteers also offer clients an opportunity to talk with someone who can listen and provide emotional and wellbeing support. Support is given either in person or on the telephone.
Some locations also run group support sessions where support volunteers are required to support the running of the groups and provide support to participants.
- A regular time commitment is preferred to allow us ensure the support rota is covered weekly
- Time commitment can be discussed and agreed on an individual basis
- Good communicator with excellent listening skills
- Have demonstrable experience of working to support individuals in either a professional capacity, voluntary or relevant life experience
- Demonstrate the ability to listen to another’s experience without judgement or the need to push them to change or to ‘fix’ the situation
- Work alongside clients to be able to support them to identify their own needs and outcomes
- Work alongside clients to support them to identify actions that would support their needs and support them to monitor these actions
- Honesty, reliability and commitment
- Be open, friendly, non-judgemental and empathetic
- Be self-aware and willing to accept feedback
- Be a team player who is fully committed to CLAN’s service aims
- Successfully complete CLAN’s Support Volunteer Training Programme
- Undergo a satisfactory PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme) check in relation to working with protected adults and children